marți, 21 mai 2013

Video hit The Jeff Healey Band

The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes

"Angel Eyes" was written by the songwriters John Hiatt and Fred Koller, and produced by Greg Ladanyi. It stands as Jeff Healey's only Billboard Top-40 hit; however, considering what a unique character he was, it seems most unfair to dismiss him as a one-hit wonder. Amongst many other things, he was much bigger on the Canada Singles chart; he picked up Juno Awards, got an Independent Music Award for Best Blues Album, and played alongside such talent as Dire Straits, Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King, ZZ Top, and Eric Clapton.
Most fans today know Jeff Healy for the most unique guitar-playing style ever invented: he played sitting down with the guitar flat on his lap, like a piano. But if you know this, you probably also know that this was because he was blind, having been stricken with a rare form of eye cancer at the age of just eight months old. His health was his curse; he also succumbed to lung cancer at the age of 41.
Fans of the late Patrick Swayze will recall that this song - as well as the band itself (as the house band for the Double Deuce saloon) - made an appearance in the 1989 film Road House.
The artist Paulini covered this song for her debut album One Determined Heart, and the single scored for her on Australia's ARIA Charts as a #1 hit.
The lyrics:
Girl, you're looking fine tonight,
And every guy has got you in his sights
What you're doing with a clown like me,
Is surely one of life's little mysteries

[Chorus]
So tonight I'll ask the star above
"How did I ever win your love?"
What did I do?
What did I say,
To turn your angel eyes my way?

Well, I'm the guy who never learned to dance,
Never even got one second glance
Across a crowded room was close enough,
I could look but never touch.

[Chorus]

Don't anyone wake me,
If it's just a dream
'cause she's the best thing,
That's ever happened to me

All you fellows, you can look all you like,
But this girl, you see, she's leavin' here
With me tonight

There's just one more thing I have to know,
If this is love why does it scare me so?
It must be something only you can see,
'Cause I feel it when you look at me

[Chorus]

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG