marți, 10 septembrie 2013

Video hit The Pretenders

The Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong

Don't Get Me Wrong is a song released by the pop-rock group The Pretenders. It was the first single taken from the group's 1986 album, Get Close. It can also be found on the band's The Singles album, released in 1987.
In the US, "Don't Get Me Wrong" became the group's second Top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, peaking at #10.
Their first Top 10 pop hit, "Back on the Chain Gang", had reached #5 in 1983. "Don't Get Me Wrong" also spent three weeks atop the Billboard Album Rock Tracks chart in November 1986. In the UK, the song also peaked at #10 in the UK Singles Chart.
The song features a jangly guitar sound and an emphasis on melody. Hynde's lyrics contain literary and scientific references in addition to the more relationship-based subject matter typical for pop music. The song was covered by British pop singer Lily Allen for BBC Radio 1's 40th anniversary celebrations in 2007 and was released on the subsequent compilation album.
The music video for the song is a tribute to the British 1960s TV spy series The Avengers, with Chrissie Hynde playing Emma Peel searching for John Steed (Patrick Macnee appears in the original series' footage, with Hynde superimposed).
Appearances in other media
The song was played over the opening credits for the 1986 film Gung Ho.
The song was used in the 1992 film Peter's Friends.
It was also included in the 1997 film Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.
The song was used in the 1998 Susan Skoog film "Whatever."
The song was used in the 2001 film version of Bridget Jones's Diary.
A version of the song(minus vocals) was used for wrestler Chris Jericho for his match against referee Nick Patrick at the 1996 edition of WCW World War 3.
The song appears on the soundtrack of the movie Going the Distance (2010 film) with Drew Barrymore and Justin Long.
The lyrics:
Don't Get Me Wrong - The Pretenders
Don't get me wrong
If I'm looking kind of dazzled
I see neon lights
Whenever you walk by
Don't get me wrong
If you say hello and I take a ride
Upon a sea where the mystic moon
Is playing havoc with the tide
Don't get me wrong
Don't get me wrong
If I'm acting so distracted
I'm thinking about the fireworks
That go off when you smile
Don't get me wrong
If I split like light refracted
I'm only off to wander
Across a moonlit mile
Once in a while
Two people meet
Seemingly for no reason
They just pass on the street
Suddenly thunder showers everywhere
Who can explain the thunder and rain
But there's something in the air
Don't get me wrong
If I come and go like fashion
I might be great tomorrow
But hopeless yesterday
Don't get me wrong
If I fall in the mode of passion
It might be unbelievable
But let's not say so long
It might just be fantastic
Don't get me wrong

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG