sâmbătă, 21 septembrie 2013

Video hit Simple Minds

Simple Minds - Hypnotised

Simple Minds are a Scottish rock band formed in 1977. They achieved commercial success in the early 1980s and, despite various personnel changes, continue to record and tour.
The band scored a string of hit singles, and are best known for their 1985 hit "Don't You (Forget About Me)" (UK #7, US #1), from the soundtrack of the John Hughes film The Breakfast Club. Their other more prominent hits include "Alive and Kicking" (UK #7, US #3) and "Belfast Child" (UK #1). In 1986, the band was nominated for the Brit Award for Best British Group.
The core of the band is the two remaining founder members – Jim Kerr (vocals, songwriting) and Charlie Burchill (guitars, keyboards after 1990, other instruments, songwriting) – and drummer Mel Gaynor (who first joined the band in 1982). The other current band members are Andy Gillespie (keyboards) and Ged Grimes (bass guitar). Former members include bass guitarist Derek Forbes, drummer Brian McGee and keyboardist Mick MacNeil.
Good News from the Next World was released in 1995. The album reached No. 2 in the UK and produced the two Top 20 hits "She's a River" and "Hypnotised". The band toured to promote Good News from the Next World, with Malcolm Foster and Mark Taylor as touring bass and keyboard players and Mark Schulman (who had played on the album) on drums. This was Foster's last work with the band, and Schulman returned to session work at the end of the tour.
After being released from their contract with Virgin Records, Simple Minds made use of the skills of their original rhythm section, Derek Forbes and Brian McGee (returning after respective eleven- and fourteen-year absences). Although McGee was not involved beyond the rehearsal stage, Forbes formally rejoined Simple Minds in July 1996.
The band then reunited with Mel Gaynor for a studio session in early 1997. Gaynor was reinstated as a full-time member for the European tour (which once again featured Mark Taylor on keyboards).
After the tour, album recording sessions were interrupted by Kerr and Burchill’s decision to play live (without Forbes, Taylor or Gaynor) as part of the Proms tour (a series of orchestral concerts featuring a mixture of light classical and pop music). The duo played versions of "Alive And Kicking", "Belfast Child" and "Don't You (Forget About Me)" backed by a full orchestra and were billed as Simple Minds.
The lyrics:
I can feel the whole world spinning around
I'm losing ground
I feel it every day
And I can feel you coming inside out
I'm losing touch with all reality

I remember the look in your eyes
The way that they pulled me inside
All I've got now in my defence is my innocence
I've been hypnotised

I can hear the church bells ringing out
Reminds me of some bright and sunshine day
When all the pretty horses you would ride
Would come right back to feel your energy

I still remember the look in your eyes
The way that they fooled me inside
All I've got now in my defence
Is my innocence
I've been hypnotised

You know it won't be easy
It's never easy
I've been hypnotised
It won't be easy

So tell me what you think
Do you think I'll sink Number one scapegoat?
I'm the missing link
All I know I've been Hypnotised

It won't be easy

If you've got a heart that burns inside
Let me get inside let me tangle with the flames
If you've got a light that burns inside
The heat will rise and melt down once again

I'm waiting for a sign, help me realign
Maybe it's a sin I know but it's not a crime
All I know, I've been hypnotised

Maybe there's a way I can find a way
Final hour Judgement day
All I know, I've been hypnotised
And then I realized

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG