joi, 28 august 2014

Video hit Bonnie Tyler

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

"Total Eclipse of the Heart" is a song recorded by Welsh singer Bonnie Tyler. It was written and produced by Jim Steinman, and released on Tyler's fifth studio album, Faster Than the Speed of Night (1983).
The song was released as a single by Columbia Records on 11 February 1983 in the United Kingdom, and 31 May 1983 in the United States.
"Total Eclipse of the Heart" became Tyler's biggest career hit, reaching number one in several countries including the UK, where it was the fifth-best-selling single in 1983, and the US, making her the first and only Welsh singer to reach the top spot of the Billboard Hot 100. It was Billboard's number-six song of the year for 1983. With physical sales in excess of 9 million copies, Tyler's recording is one of the best-selling singles of all time.
The song has been certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
Steinman said in an interview with Playbill, "with Total Eclipse of the Heart, I was trying to come up with a love song and I remembered I actually wrote that to be a vampire love song. Its original title was Vampires in Love because I was working on a musical of Nosferatu, the other great vampire story. If anyone listens to the lyrics, they're really like vampire lines. It's all about the darkness, the power of darkness and love's place in dark...”
He also told People magazine that he thought Tyler sounded like John Fogerty, and wrote the song "to be a showpiece for her voice."
Tyler described the song as "a challenge [to sing]," stating that she "[doesn't] like songs that anybody can sing. I like songs that need a lot of energy."
After Steinman presented her with the song she told The Times, "I just had shivers right up my spine... ...I couldn't wait to actually get in and record it."
According to Meat Loaf, Steinman had written the song, along with "Making Love Out of Nothing at All", for Meat Loaf's album Midnight at the Lost and Found; however, Meat Loaf's record company refused to pay Steinman and he wrote separate songs himself. "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was then given to Bonnie Tyler and "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" to Air Supply.
Tyler has denied this claim to be true.
"Meat Loaf was apparently very annoyed that Jim gave that to me," Tyler stated. "But Jim said he didn’t write it for Meat Loaf, that he only finished it after meeting me."
The song's melody originally appeared as part of the soundtrack for the 1980 film A Small Circle of Friends.
Music Video
The music video for "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was directed by Russell Mulcahy.
It was story-boarded by Jim Steinman and drew inspiration from the 1976 film Futureworld.
The Gothic-themed video features Bonnie Tyler clad in white, apparently having an erotic dream or fantasy about her students in a boys' boarding school.
Young men are seen dancing and participating in various school activities such as swimming, karate, gymnastics, football, fencing, soccer, and singing in a choir.
The video was shot at Holloway Sanatorium, notable for its Gothic architecture and distinguished for the multi-arched grand entrance as seen at the end of the video.
The lyrics:
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming round
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit nervous
That the best of all the years have gone by
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit terrified
And then I see the look in your eyes
Turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart

Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit restless and I dream of something wild
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit helpless and I'm lying like a child in your arms
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit angry and I know I've got to get out and cry
Turn around, every now and then I get a little bit terrified
But then I see the look in your eyes
Turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say
A total eclipse of the heart

Turn around bright eyes
Turn around bright eyes
Turn around, every now and then I know you'll never be the boy you always wanted to be
Turn around, every now then I know you'll always be the only boy who wanted me the way that I am
Turn around, every now and then I know there's no one in the universe as magical and wondrous as you
Turn around, every now and then I know there's nothing any better
And there's nothing that I just wouldn't do
Turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart
Turn around bright eyes, every now and then I fall apart

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
'Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
Nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart
Once upon a time there was light in my life
But now there's only love in the dark
Nothing I can say

A total eclipse of the heart

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG