vineri, 1 august 2014

Video hit Sam Brown

Sam Brown - Stop
"Stop!" is a song by English singer Sam Brown.
The single was originally released in 1988, missing the UK top forty and peaking at number fifty-two. It was not until 1989, however, that the single became a hit, when it peaked at number four on the UK Singles Chart. "Stop!" became her biggest hit to date, spending twelve weeks on the UK chart. It was the 35th best-selling single of 1989 in the UK.
Other versions
  • Blues-Rocker Joe Bonamassa recorded a seven minute version of the song for inclusion on his 2009 longplayer The Ballad of John Henry.
  • Norwegian singer Ane Brun released a version (as a duet with Liv Widell) on her 2005 album Duets.
  • In France, a cover version of the song was used in a TV advert for Maxwell House.
  • Icelandic indie pop darling Hafdís Huld recorded an a cappella version which was used for a pan-European TV commercial for Mercedes-Benz in the summer of 2008. A fully instrumented version was released as a single in Iceland on 24 October 2008 with a full iTunes release on 24 November via Red Grape Records.
  • In Vietnam singer Mỹ Tâm covered this song on her 10 Years Anniversary Liveshow 2011: Mỹ Tâm Melodies of time.
  • Paul Dempsey, frontman of the Australian group Something For Kate, covered the song as a bonus track on the deluxe version of the group's 2012 album 'Leave Your Soul to Science'.
  • Jazz singer Laura Zakian, covered the song on her 2014 album Songs For Modern Lovers.
The lyrics:
All that I have is all that you've given me
Did you never worry that I'd come to depend on you
I gave you all the love that I had in me
Now that I've found you've lied, and I can't believe it's true

Wrapped in his arms, I see you across the street
I can't help but wonder if she knows what's going on
You talk about that love but you don't know how it feels
When you realize that you're not the only one

You'd better stop before you tear me all apart
You'd better stop before you go and break my heart
Oh, whoa, you'd better stop

Time after time, I've tried to walk away
But it's not that easy when your soul is torn in two
So I just resign myself to it every day
Now all I can do is leave it up to you

You'd better stop before you tear me all apart
You'd better stop before you go and a break my heart
Oh, whoa, you'd better stop

You'd better stop if you love me
Now it's time to be sorry
I won't believe that you walked out on me

You'd better stop before you tear me all apart
You'd better stop before you break my lonely heart
Whoa, whoa, you better, whoa, whoa
Whoa, oh, you better stop

Better stop

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG