sâmbătă, 22 iunie 2013

Video hit Diana Krall

Diana Krall - Boy From Ipanema (Live In Rio)

Diana Krall has had a long time fascination with bossa nova, a type of music which perfectly suits her sophisticated yet sensual style. This culminated in her new studio album Quiet Nights (released by Verve in spring 2009) and in this stunning concert filmed in the home of the bossa nova, Rio de Janeiro, in November 2008. Accompanied by her band and an orchestra, Diana Krall delivers a superb set of standards in true bossa nova style but clearly bearing her unique stamp. 
"Garota de Ipanema" ("The Girl from Ipanema") is a well-known bossa nova song, a worldwide hit in the mid-1960s that won a Grammy for Record of the Year in 1965.
It was written in 1962, with music by Antônio Carlos Jobim and Portuguese lyrics by Vinicius de Moraes. English lyrics were written later by Norman Gimbel.
Ipanema is a seaside neighborhood located in the southern region of the city of Rio de Janeiro.
When sung by female artists the song has often been rendered as "The Boy from Ipanema", such as by Shirley Bassey, Peggy Lee, Petula Clark on the Muppet Show, and Diana Krall on her 2009 album Quiet Nights.
The lyrics:
Tall and tan and young and handsome
The boy from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, each girl he passes goes ahah
When he walks, he's like a samba
He swings so cool and sways so gently
That when he passes, each girl he passes goes ahah

Oh, but I watch him so sadly
How can I tell him I love him
Yes, I would give my heart gladly
But each day when he walks to the sea
He looks straight ahead, not at me

Tall and tan and young and handsome
The boy from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, I smile
But he doesn't see, no doesn't see

Oh, but I watch him so sadly
How can I tell him I love him
Yes, I would give my heart gladly
But each day when he walks to the sea
He looks straight ahead, not at me

Tall and tan and young and handsome
The boy from Ipanema goes walking
And when he passes, I smile
But he doesn't see, no doesn't see

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG