marți, 11 martie 2014

Video hit Alanis Morissette

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (Live at Montreux, 2012)

You Oughta Know is a song originally performed by Canadian American recording artist and songwriter Alanis Morissette, for her third studio album, Jagged Little Pill.
The song was written by Morissette along with Glen Ballard, who also produced it.
It was her first song in her change from bubblegum pop to the alternative rock sound she was later known for.
"You Oughta Know" was highlighted as an album track, and it received generally positive reviews from critics. It reached the top 10 in Australia and the United States, where it was a multiformat hit in several different genre charts, and made the top 20 in Canada and the top 40 in Sweden, New Zealand, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.
The song subsequently won two Grammy Awards: Best Rock Song and Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
It was also nominated for a Grammy Award for Song of the Year.
Flea and Dave Navarro of the Red Hot Chili Peppers played bass and guitar on the track, respectively.
In an August 2008 interview with the Calgary Sun, actor-comedian Dave Coulier admitted to being the ex-boyfriend portrayed in the song.
In 1997 the Boston Herald reported that Coulier "admitted the lines are very close to home. Especially the one about 'an older version of me' and bugging him [Coulier] 'in the middle of dinner.'"
However, in October 2008, Morissette reiterated her refusal to identify the subject, commenting to a CanWest News Service journalist,
"Well, I've never talked about who my songs were about and I won't, because when I write them they're written for the sake of personal expression. So with all due respect to whoever may see themselves in my songs, and it happens all the time, I never really comment on it because I write these songs for myself, not other people."
Other celebrities have been rumored to be the lover in the song, including: Mike Peluso, hockey player for the New Jersey Devils; Matt LeBlanc, the actor who appeared in the video for Morissette's single "Walk Away" in 1991; and Leslie Howe, a musician and the producer of Morissette's first two albums in the early 1990s.
The lyrics:
I want you to know, that I am happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me?
Would she go down on you in a theater?
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby?
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

'Cause the love that you gave that we made
Wasn't able to make it enough for you
To be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me
You'd hold me until you died
'Til you died, but you're still alive

And I'm here, to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair, to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity?
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face
How quickly I was replaced
And are you thinking of me when you fuck her?

'Cause the love that you gave that we made
Wasn't able to make it enough for you
To be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me
You'd hold me until you died
'Til you died, but you're still alive

And I'm here, to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair, to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

'Cause the joke that you laid in the bed
That was me and I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes, and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails
Down someone else's back I hope you feel it
Well, can you feel it?

And I'm here, to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair, to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me

You, you, you oughta know

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG