joi, 29 noiembrie 2012

Una pe zi - 29 noiembrie 2012

Moby – Porcelain (live on TV show Later with Jools Holland, 2000)  

This was released as the sixth single from Play.
The track featured Moby's vocals backed by a sample of vocalist Pilar Basso.
The song's popularity was enhanced by being featured on the soundtrack of the 2000 movie The Beach and in the UK it became Moby's highest charted song to date. 
Moby recalled to Rolling Stone: "Strangely enough, that's probably the most signature song on the record, and I actually had to be talked into including it. When I first recorded it, I thought it was average. I didn't like the way I produced it, I thought it sounded mushy, I thought my vocals sounded really weak. I couldn't imagine anyone else wanting to listen to it. When the tour for Play started, “Porcelain” was the song during the set where most people would get a drink. But then Danny Boyle put it in the movie The Beach with Leo DiCaprio. It was Leo DiCaprio's first film since Titanic and everyone went to go see it. He used the music so well in the movie. I think that's when a lot of people became aware of the record.
The lyrics are:
In my dreams I'm dying all the time
As I wake it's kaleidoscopic mind
I never meant to hurt you
I never meant to lie
So this is goodbye
This is goodbye
Tell the truth you never wanted me
Tell me
In my dreams I'm jealous all the time
As I wake I'm going out of my mind
Going out of my mind

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG