vineri, 30 noiembrie 2012

Una pe zi - 30 noiembrie 2012

Enya – My! My! Time Flies! (Live version on The Late Late Show) 

  
"My! My! Time Flies!" was released on 4 February 2009. 
It is the first ever Enya song to feature a steady drum track and a prominent 12-string guitar accompaniment. 
The guitar parts were played by Dublin-based guitarist Patrick Farrell.
This is a tribute to the late Irish guitarist, Jimmy Faulkner, who died on March 4, 2008 at the age of 58. Faulkner was well known and respected in the Irish music scene, and collaborated with many artists, including Christy Moore, Paul Brady and Mary Coughlan. This song features his friend Pat Farrell, who Faulkner played with in the Floating Dublin Blues Band. Farrell was married for a time to Enya's sister, Moya Brennan.
The album's producer, Nicky Ryan, explained: "We had 11 tracks done, but we just wanted to do something for Jimmy. He was one of the great unsung heroes, a really unassuming guy and a great guitar player. There are a lot of them out there, and so it was something we felt strongly about. So it became the final track."
Unusually for Enya, this song features guitar solos as well as references to The Beatles ("Four guys across Abbey Road/one forgot to wear shoes"), Elvis ("a king who's still in the news") and B.B King ("a king to sing you the blues"). Dubliner Pat Farrell is the featured guitarist on the track.
The album named "And Winter Came..." is the seventh studio album from irish musician, Enya. 
LP consists of 12 tracks: ten english songs, which are all original compositions, plus "Oíche Chiúin" being sung in Irish and '"Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel" in English and Latin. 
The lyrics are
My! My! Time flies! One step and we're on the moon, next step into the stars
My! My! Time flies! Maybe we could be there soon, a one way ticket to mars

My! My! Time flies! A man underneath a tree, an apple falls on his head
My! My! Time flies a man wrote a symphony, it's 1812

My! My! Time flies! Four guys across abbey road, one forgot to wear shoes
My! My! Time flies! A rap on a rhapsody, a king who's still in the news, a king to sing you the blues

My! My! Time flies! A man in a winter sleigh, white white as the snow
My! My! Time flies! A new day is on its way, so let's let yesterday go
Could be we step out again
Could be tomorrow but then,
Could be 2010


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG