luni, 25 februarie 2013

Video hit Barry White

Barry White - You're the First, the Last, My Everything (live)

You're the First, the Last, My Everything is a popular song recorded by Barry White.
Written by White, Tony Sepe and Peter Radcliffe and produced by White, "You're the First, The Last, My Everything" was White's fourth top ten hit on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, reaching #2; it spent a week at #1 on the Billboard Hot Soul Singles chart.
The early disco classic made it to number two on the disco/dance charts. In the UK it fared even better, spending two weeks at the top in December 1974. It appeared on White's 1974 album Can't Get Enough.
Radcliffe originally wrote "You're the First, The Last, My Everything" as a country song with the title "You're My First, You're My Last, My In-Between", which went unrecorded for 21 years. White recorded it as a disco song, keeping most of the structure and two-thirds of the title, but he rewrote the lyrics.
In popular culture
The song is featured in the films Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) and Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (2004).
The song also features in the movie Money Talks with Charlie Sheen and Chris Tucker.
The song is also featured in the 2011 movie Zookeeper starring Kevin James
The song is also featured in several Ally McBeal episodes, accompanying John Cage (Peter MacNicol) during his life most of the time. Whenever he gets into a difficult situation, he withdraws and concentrates on the song, hearing it and dancing to it, to regain strength and concentrate on whatever comes along.
The song is featured in an Indonesian Bebelac 3 commercial.
The song was used anachronistically in Tim Burton's film Dark Shadows (2012) as the film was set in 1972, two years before the song was released.
The song will be featured in the music video game Just Dance 4.
The song was sung by Nicholas David on Season 3 of The Voice (U.S.).
The lyrics:
My first, my last, my everything,
And the answer to all my dreams.
You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star.
My kind of wonderful, that's what you are.

I know there's only, only one like you
There's no way they could have made two.
You're, you're all I'm living for
Your love I'll keep for evermore.
You're the first, my last, my everything.

In you I've found so many things,
A love so new, only you could bring.
Can't you see if you,
You'll make me feel this way,
You're like a first morning dew on a brand new day.

I see so many ways that I can love you,
'Till the day I die....
You're my reality, yet I'm lost in a dream.
You're my first, my last, my everything.

[instrumental]

I know there's only one, only one like you
There's no way they could have made two.
Girl, you're my reality.
But I'm lost in a dream,
You're the first, you're the last, my everything. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG