miercuri, 13 februarie 2013

Video hit John Lee Hooker

John Lee Hooker - One Bourbon One Scotch One Beer

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer or "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer" is a call and response blues song written by Rudy Toombs and recorded by Amos Milburn in 1953.
It is one of several drinking songs recorded by Milburn in the early 1950 that placed in the top ten of the Billboard R&B chart.
Other artists have popularized the song, including John Lee Hooker in 1966 and George Thorogood in 1977.
John Lee Hooker recorded the song as "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" in 1966.
Hooker transformed Milburn's song "into a vehicle for himself".
He used the storyline and chorus (but altered the order), but "edited the verse down to its essentials, filled in the gaps with narrative and dialogue, and set the whole thing to a rocking cross between South Side shuffle and signature boogie".
Part of Hooker's narrative included:
And then I sit there, drinkin', gettin' high, mellow, knocked out, feelin' good
About that time I looked on the wall, at the old clock on the wall
About that time it was ten-thirty then, I looked down the bar at the bartender, he said
"What do you want down there?", one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer...
Hooker's version is notated as a medium tempo blues with an irregular number of bars in 4/4 time in the key of E.
It was recorded in Chicago in 1966 with Hooker (vocal and guitar), Lafayette Leake (piano), Eddie "Guitar" Burns (guitar), Fred Below (drums), and an unknown bass player. The song was released on Hooker's 1966 The Real Folk Blues album and he later recorded several live versions of the song.
Other versions:
Snooks Eaglin – 1959 – titled as "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer", released on New Orleans Street Singer.
Thurston Harris – 1960 – titled as "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer", released as a single, with "Send Me Some Loving" as the B-side.[8]
Champion Jack Dupree – titled as "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer" released on The Sonet Blues Story in 2006.
The Casey Sisters And The Salt Flat Stompers – titled as "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer".
Swing Cats – 2006 – titled as "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer", released on Swing Cat Stomp album.
Zakiya Hooker (John Lee Hooker's daughter) – titled as "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer"
Alexis Korner released a version of the song on his album Accidentally Borne in New Orleans.
Will Schuester (played by Matthew Morrison) and Shannon Beiste (played by Dot-Marie Jones) sang the song at a honky tonk bar in the Glee episode "Blame It on the Alcohol."
Admiral Bailey and Chaka Demus – titled as "One Scotch" released as a vinyl single on Jammy's Records in 1986.
The lyrics:
One bourbon, One Scotch and One beer.
I said hey mister bartender come in here!
I want another drink and I want it now.
My baby she's gone, she's been gone tonight,
I aint seen my girl since the night before last.
I wanna get drunk, get her off of my mind.
I wanna a bourbon, one scotch and one beer.

And then I sat there, Drinking,
Gettin high, mellow, knocked out, feelin good.
And after a while, I looked on the wall,
At the old clock.
By that time it was 11:30.
Gettin i little late
I looked down at the bar, at the bartender.
I said, Hey!
What do you want?
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

Well my baby's gone, she's been gone tonight.
I ain't seen my baby since the night before last.
I wanna get drunk, get her off of my mind.
One bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

And I saty there, I was drinking,
Getting stoned, and "dupe dupe"
Getting a little buzy in the head,
And after a while, I looked on the wall again,
And by that time, lees cold, for alcohol.
Then I looked down at the bar, at the bartender.
I said, Hey Mr. Bartender!
What do you want this time?
One bourbon, one scotch and one beer.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG