duminică, 17 martie 2013

Video hit Boyz II Men

Boyz II Men - End Of The Road

End of the Road is a 1992 Grammy Award-winning, number-one song recorded in May 1992 by Boyz II Men for the Motown label. Written and produced by Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds, Antonio "L.A." Reid and Daryl Simmons.
It is Boyz II Men's most successful single and replaced Diana Ross and Lionel Richie's "Endless Love" as Motown's most successful single.
In the United Kingdom, the single was the last Motown single to reach #1 on the UK Singles Chart until Ne-Yo's "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)" achieved the feat twenty years later in 2012. The song is listed at #43 on Billboard's All Time Top 100.
The song is often used as a "last song" before a radio station changes format.
Originally recorded as a soundtrack song for the Eddie Murphy motion picture Boomerang, the song (themed about a breakup where the man really doesn't want the woman to go) topped the charts from August 15 through November 7, 1992, setting a record for most weeks at number one with 13 weeks, beating Elvis Presley's 11-week hold with "Hound Dog" / "Don't Be Cruel". Presley's record had stood 36 years.
However, two weeks after "End of the Road" left the top spot, Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" reached number one, and remained there 14 weeks, one week longer than "End of the Road". Boyz II Men's new record stood only 17 weeks. The group's next single ("I'll Make Love to You"), however, would tie Houston's record, and 1995's Boyz II Men/Mariah Carey collaboration "One Sweet Day" would break it.
Cover versions:
The song was covered by several artists, including Me First and the Gimme Gimmes on their album Take a Break, We Are Scientists in concert, Gladys Knight on the live medley from her album Just for You, and the Backstreet Boys during their concerts in 1996. It was also performed by guitarist Paul Jackson Jr. on his 1993 album A River In The Desert.
Bassist Michael Manson covered the song from his 2008 album "Up Front".[2][3] Marcela Morelo recorded a Spanish version of the song in her 2009 album "Otro plan". South Korean boy group U-KISS did an a cappella version of the hit song. Westlife covered this on a cappella. In addition, Boyz II Men included a Spanish-language version ("Al final del camino") on their Spanish-language compilation Evolución.
During the series finale of the sitcom A Different World, Whitley led everyone in singing "End of the Road" at hers and Dwayne's farewell party as they prepared to leave for Tokyo.
American Idol season ten contestant Stefano Langone performed the song during Idol Goes to the Movies week.
An a cappella version was re-recorded for Boyz II Men's 2007 album, Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA. Another re-recorded version appears on Boyz II Men's 2011 album, Twenty.
A reggae cover was recorded by Frankie Paul in 1996 for his Jet Star album, Reggae Max.
Keyshia Cole sampled the song on her single "Trust and Believe" from Cole's 2012 album, Woman to Woman.
The lyrics:
Girl you know we belong together
I don't have time for you to be playing with my heart like this
You'll be mine forever baby
You just wait

We belong together
And you know that I am right
Why do you play with my heart?
Why do you play with my mind?

Said we'd be forever
Said it'd never die
How could you love me and leave me and never
Say goodbye?

When I can't sleep at night
Without holding you tight
Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
Pain in my head
Oh, I'd rather be dead
Spinning around and around

[Chorus]
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you
Although we've come
To the end of the road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural
You belong to me
I belong to you

Girl, I know you really love me
You just don't realize
You've never been there before
It's only
Your first time

Maybe I'll forgive you
Maybe you'll try
We should be happy together forever
You and I

Will you love me again
Like you loved me before
This time I want you to love me much more
This time instead
Just come to my bed
And baby just don't let me go

[Chorus]

Girl, I'm here for you
All those times at night
When you just hurt me
And just ran out with that other fella
Baby I knew about it
I just didn't care
You just don't understand how much I love
Do you?
I'm here for you

I'm not about to go out on cheat you
(Maybe I'll forgive you)
Just like you did
But baby that's alright
I love you anyway
(Maybe you will try)
And I'm still going to be here for you until my dying day
(We should be happy together forever)
Right now
I'm just in so much pain
'Cause you just won't come back to me
(You and I)
Will you?
Just come back to me

(Lonely)
Yes baby, my heart is lonely
(Lonely)
My heart hurts baby
(Lonely)
Yes, I feel pain too
Baby please

This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don't let me go

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG