miercuri, 13 martie 2013

Video hit Berlin

Berlin - Take my breath away (live)

Take My Breath Away is the name of a love song from the film Top Gun (1986).
The song, performed by the band Berlin, was written by Giorgio Moroder and Tom Whitlock.
It won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, as well as the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 1986.
"Take My Breath Away" was re-released in October 1990 to coincide with the first television showing of Top Gun (by ITV, on the evening of October 6) as well as Peugeot's new television advertising campaign for the 405 model range. The re-release reached number three in the UK singles charts.
Cover versions:
Originally Martha Davis of The Motels was asked by Giorgio Moroder to make a demo of the song. Her demo version is available on The Motels' Anthologyland CD.
A French language version, "Le bleu des regrets", was released by Gérard Lenorman in 1986.
The Shadows covered the song as an instrumental in 1987 on Simply Shadows. The band Copeland performed it on their album of cover songs, Know Nothing Stays the Same. It was translated into Cantonese and covered by Sandy Lam. Diana Ross covered the song in 2007 on the US release of her album I Love You.
Soda Club featuring Hannah Alethea's cover of the song reached #16 in the UK Singles Chart in 2002.
The pipes and drums of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards covered the song for their 2007 album, Spirit of the Glen.
My Morning Jacket has a rendition on one of its Early Recordings discs. It ends with a clip from the film Top Gun.
Scottish singer, Sharleen Spiteri covered the song for her 2010 album, "The Movie Songbook"
American R&B singer Lloyd sampled the song in his 2012 song "Do It Again" featuring US rapper Nelly.
In their recent album f0reVer7, the Mexican pop group OV7 released their version of the song titled "Quedate otra vez (Take my breath away)"
In 2012, Dianna Agron and Naya Rivera covered this song in the TV series Glee in the episode "Prom-asaurus" as their characters Quinn Fabray and Santana Lopez.
The lyrics:
Watching every motion in my foolish lover's game
On this endless ocean finally lovers know no shame
Turning and returning to some secret place inside
Watching in slow motion as you turn around and say

Take my breath away [Repeat: x1]

Watching I keep waiting still anticipating love
Never hesitating to become the fated ones
Turning and returning to some secret place to hide
Watching in slow motion as you turn to me and say

Take my breath away

Through the hourglass I saw you, in time you slipped away
When the mirror crashed I called you, and turned to hear you say
If only for today I am unafraid

Take my breath away [Repeat: x1]

[Chorus]
Watching every motion in this foolish lover's game
Haunted by the notion somewhere there's a love in flames
Turning and returning to some secret place inside
Watching in slow motion as you turn to me and say

Take my breath away
My love, take my breath away...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG