luni, 4 martie 2013

Video hit A-HA

A-Ha - Crying in The Rain (live)

Crying in the Rain is a song written by Howard Greenfield and Carole King and was originally recorded by The Everly Brothers. The single peaked at #6 on the U.S. pop charts in 1962.
In 1990, the Norwegian pop band A-ha covered the song. Following its success, A-ha became closer to the Everly Brothers, who had originally recorded the song. The band members were presented a set of guitars by the Everly Brothers that A-ha continues to use.
This is one of the few commercially available songs which A-ha have covered.
The only others being "Velvet", first released by Savoy, and "Dragonfly", first released by Magne Furuholmen.
Though often given the misnomer of "one-hit wonder" in the U.S., A-ha has actually had a number of singles appear on various charts there, though none anywhere near as big a hit as their debut, "Take On Me". "Crying in the Rain" was A-ha's last single to go top 40 on a Billboard chart in the U.S. to date, peaking at #26 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart during the week ending April 6, 1991.
It was more popular internationally, topping the charts in the band's native Norway, and peaking at #13 in the UK Singles Chart, where the band had found previous success as well.
It was the 32nd most successful song of the year 2010 in Romanian Top 100, although it peaked outside the top 20.
The lyrics:
I'll never let you see
The way my broken heart is hurting me
I've got my pride and I know how to hide
All the sorrow and pain
I'll do my crying in the rain

If I wait for cloudy skies
You won't know the rain from the tears in my eyes
You'll never know that I still love you
So though the heartaches remain
I'll do my crying in the rain

Raindrops falling from heaven
Will never wash away my misery
But since we're not together
I'll wait for stormy weather
To hide these tears I hope you'll never see

Someday when my crying's done
I'm gonna wear a smile and walk in the sun
I may be a fool
But till then, darling, you'll never see me complain
I'll do my crying in the rain
I'll do my crying in the rain
I'll do my crying in the rain
I'll do my crying in the rain

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG