marți, 30 iulie 2013

Video hit Leo Sayer

Leo Sayer - When I Need You (1976)

When I Need You is a popular song written by Albert Hammond and Carole Bayer Sager. Its first appearance was as the title track of Hammond's 1976 album When I Need You.
Leo Sayer's version, produced by Richard Perry, was a massive hit worldwide, reaching number 1 on the UK Singles Chart for three weeks in February 1977 after three of his earlier singles had stalled at number 2. It also reached number 1 on both the Billboard Hot 100 for a single week in May 1977 and the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks.
Sayer performed it on the second show of the third season of The Muppet Show.
Cover versions
The song was covered by, amongst others, the reggae singer Owen Gray, Céline Dion, Luther Vandross, Perry Como, Rod Stewart (on his compilation album If We Fall in Love Tonight), Barry Manilow (on his compilation album Summer of '78), Alpha Blondy, Edyta Górniak, polish version of album RMF moja i twoja muzyka Brotherhood of Man, Will Mellor, Julio Iglesias, Cliff Richard, Roger Whittaker, Clay Aiken and Gene Pitney on his 2003 album, Blue Angel - The Bronze Sessions.
Surinamese balladeer Max Nijman recorded the song as Mi Wan Shi Yu (Wanna See You) shortly after the original charted at his Dutch home-base. In the early 1990s he made a new version for a best of -CD.
Lani Hall recorded a Spanish version of the song, "Si Me Amaras (If You Loved Me)", for her 1985 album, Es Fácil Amar.
Rahul Dev Burman recorded a Hindi version of the song (Tum se mil ke) for a 1989 film Parinda. The Cantonese duet version, known as "For You, I'll Never Give Up," was covered by Gallen Lo and Flora Chan, as the theme song of Hong Kong drama Feminine Masculinity in 1999.
Ryuichi Kawamura recorded a cover in Japanese for his 2011 album The Voice.
Joe McElderry covered the song for his fourth studio album, Here's What I Believe.
Czech singer Václav Neckář make cover version in 1978 "Chci tě líbat (I Want To Kiss You)".
Mexican group "Yndio" made their own Spanish version during 70's, called "Me haces falta".
The lyrics:
When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so want to give you
It's only a heartbeat away

When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day

Miles and miles of empty space in between us
The telephone can't take the place of your smile
But you know I won't be travelin' forever
It's cold out but hold out and do I like I do

When I need you
I just close my eyes and I'm with you
And all that I so want to give you babe
It's only a heartbeat away

It's not easy when the road is your driver
Honey that's a heavy load that we bear
But you know I won't be traveling a lifetime
It's cold out but hold out and do like I do

Oh, I need you

When I need love
I hold out my hands and I touch love
I never knew there was so much love
Keeping me warm night and day

When I need you
Just close my eyes
And you're right here by my side
Keeping me warm night and day

I just hold out my hands
I just hold out my hand
And I'm with you darlin'
Yes, I'm with you darlin'
All I want to give you
It's only a heartbeat away

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG