luni, 11 noiembrie 2013

Video hit Elton John

Elton John - Something About The Way You Look Tonight

Something About the Way You Look Tonight is a song by Elton John, released in 1997 as the first single from The Big Picture.
The song and its video were dedicated to the memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, who died that year.
The single was released later also as a double A-side single with "Candle in the Wind 1997".
This double A-side is the second highest-selling single of all time, having sold over 33 million copies worldwide according to the Guinness World Records, second only to Bing Crosby's "White Christmas".
However, it is considered the highest-selling single worldwide in terms of actual certified sales.
The video for the song featured actors and actresses from the UK television programme This Life, as well as supermodels Kate Moss and Sophie Dahl and is regarded as one of Elton John's best videos. John has publicly revealed (through his "warts and all" documentary Tantrums and Tiaras) that he finds videos "fucking loathsome" and after the album The Big Picture refrained from appearing in his own videos unless they were cameo appearances.
In the UK alone, the double A-side single with "Candle in the Wind 1997" sold over 4,864,600 copies (8× Platinum), making the song the best-selling single ever in UK history. It remained for five weeks at the number-one position. In the US, the double A-side single spent 14 weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100. On the US adult contemporary chart, however, "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" and "Candle In the Wind 1997" charted separately; while the tribute to Princess Diana peaked at #2 on this chart, "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" spent ten weeks at #1 in late 1997 and early 1998.
The lyrics:
There was a time
I was everything and nothing all in one
When you found me
I was feeling like a cloud across the sun
I need to tell you
How you light up every second of the day
But in the moonlight
You just shine like a beacon on the bay
And I can't explain
But it's something about the way you look tonight
Takes my breath away
It's that feeling I get about you, deep inside
And I can't describe
But it's something about the way you look tonight
Takes my breath away
The way you look tonight
With a smile
You pull the deepest secrets from my heart
In all honesty
I'm speechless and I don't know where to start
And I can't explain
But it's something about the way you look tonight
Takes my breath away
It's that feeling I get about you, deep inside
And I can't describe
But it's something about the way you look tonight
Takes my breath away
The way you look tonight 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG