vineri, 8 noiembrie 2013

Video hit Rod Stewart & Amy Belle

Rod Stewart & Amy Belle- I Dont Want To Talk About It

I Don't Want to Talk About It is a song written by Danny Whitten. Whitten's band, Crazy Horse released it as a track on their 1971 eponymous album.
In 1975, Rod Stewart recorded the song at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, for his album Atlantic Crossing. This became successful when it was released as a single. In the United States, it became a top fifty hit on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1979.
In the United Kingdom, it topped the UK Singles Chart as a double A-side with "The First Cut Is the Deepest" in 1977, although it has been controversially suggested that the charts were manipulated to keep The Sex Pistols' single "God Save the Queen" from number one.
In June 1988, Everything but the Girl released their cover version as a single. This also met with great success in the UK, peaking at number three on the UK Singles Chart. It was their first British top ten hit and would remain their only one until 1995, when the remix of "Missing" also peaked at number three. Tracey Thorn has said that Rod Stewart had been regarded as "a heroic figure" in her home when she was growing up, and that her brother Keith owned the "albums with grimy-sounding titles like An Old Raincoat Won't Ever Let You Down, and Gasoline Alley". She herself had "always liked Atlantic Crossing."
In 1989, Rod Stewart recorded a new version of "I Don't Want to Talk About It", which received extensive airplay on adult contemporary radio stations in the United States, reaching number two on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.
Rod Stewart sang this song as a duet with Amy Belle during his 2004 tour and it is included in his concert DVD.
Other notable artists who have recorded versions of this song include Rita Coolidge, Billie Jo Spears, Ian Matthews, Pegi Young, D'ZRT, Nils Lofgren who also helped Whitten write the song though he received no album credit for this, Dina Carroll, David Sneddon winner of the BBC's Fame Academy, Geoff Muldaur, Llama Farmers, Alex Parks, Indigo Girls on the Philadelphia soundtrack, and Andy Williams. Joe McElderry covered the song for his fourth studio album, Here's What I Believe.
The lyrics:
I can tell by your eyes that you've probably been cryin' forever,
And the stars in the sky don't mean nothin' to you, they're a mirror.
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart.
If I stay here just a little bit longer,
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, my heart?

If I stand all alone, will the shadow hide the color of my heart?
Blue for the tears, black for the night's fears.
The stars in the sky don't mean nothin' to you, they're a mirror.
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart.
If I stay here just a little bit longer,
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, my heart?
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke this ol' heart.

If I stay here just a little bit longer,
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, my heart?
My heart, whoa, my heart. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG