sâmbătă, 9 noiembrie 2013

Video hit Joe Cocker

Joe Cocker - Feelin' Alright (live)

"Feelin' Alright?" also known as "Feeling Alright" is a song written by Dave Mason of the English rock band Traffic from their eponymous 1968 album, Traffic.
The song was also a hit single for several performers: Joe Cocker (1969, #69, recharted in 1972, US#33), Mongo Santamaría (1969, #95) and Grand Funk Railroad (1971, US#54). It has also been recorded by Three Dog Night (1969), The 5th Dimension (1970), Lou Rawls, Freddie King, Paul Weller, Lulu, Chairmen of the Board (1970), Rare Earth, The Electric Concept Orchestra, Mother's Finest (1973), The Ohio Players (1971), Diana Ross with the Jackson 5 (1971), Maceo Parker, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Widespread Panic and The Black Crowes. A Steel Drum version by Trinidad Oil Company was reissued on the dancefloor jazz compilation Blue Juice 2.
It was also featured in the 2000 film Duets, sung by Huey Lewis. Both the original and the Joe Cocker cover were featured in the movie Flight, starring Denzel Washington.
Joe Cocker performed a 'duet' of this song with John Belushi on episode 3 of Saturday Night Live's second season which aired on 2 October 1976.
Joe Cocker also performed the song with Huey Lewis on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, which aired on 19 July 2012.
Joe Cocker also performed this song live in his double album Mad Dogs & Englishmen. Joe Cocker had just arrived in LA on March 11, 1970 with the intent of doing some R&R from his just completed tour, and then forming a new band to perform with during the coming summer. He was told the next day that he was now obligated to a 7-week U.S. tour, slated to begin just 8 days later in Detroit. He was warned that the musician's union, promoters, and possibly immigration authorities would not look kindly if he did not perform the tour that had been contracted. Two days later, Leon Russell agreed to be musical director, as well as pull a band and backup singers together for the tour. The group rehearsed twelve-hour days for four days straight. During this time, they became known as Mad Dogs & Englishmen. The day before the tour started, someone proposed filming the entire tour; a larger plane was then chartered to accommodate the added film crew. The Mad Dogs & Englishmen album was a result of the soundtracks from the film that was shot.
The lyrics:
Seems I've got to have a change of scene
Every night I have the strangest dreams
Imprisoned by the way it could have been
Left here on my own or so it seems
I've got to leave before I start to scream
But someone locked the door and took the key
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' too good myself
Yes sir, you feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' that good myself
Well boy, you sure took me for one big ride
And even now I sit and I wonder why
That when I think of you I start myself to cry
I just can't waste my time, I must keep dry
Gotta stop believing in all your lies
'Cause there's too much to do before I die
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' too good myself
Oh no, you feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' too good little girl
You feelin' alright
Don't you get too lost in all I say
Yeah by the time, you know, I really felt that way, yeah
But that was then and now, you know it's today
I can't get off so I guess I'm here to stay
'Til someone comes along and take my place
With a different name, oh and a different face
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' that good myself
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' that good myself
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' too good myself
You feelin' alright
Well I'm not feelin' good myself
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' too good myself
You feelin' alright
I'm not feelin' too good myself

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG