sâmbătă, 23 noiembrie 2013

Video hit Natalie Imbruglia

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

Natalie Jane Imbruglia (born 4 February 1975) is an Australian singer/songwriter, model, and actress. In the early 1990s, Imbruglia was known to audiences as Beth Brennan in the popular Australian soap opera Neighbours.
Three years after leaving the programme, Imbruglia launched a singing career with the international hit "Torn".
Her subsequent debut album, Left of the Middle (1997), sold over 6 million copies worldwide. Further releases, White Lilies Island (2001) and Counting Down the Days (2005), have been unable to match the commercial success of her debut, although the latter did become her first UK No. 1.
In 2007 she released Glorious: The Singles 97–07, a greatest hits compilation by Natalie Imbruglia featuring new single Glorious, which peaked at number 23 in the UK Singles Chart.
Her latest album to date, Come to Life (2009), proved the least commercially successful in Australia and Europe, with a UK release cancelled altogether. She co-starred in the 2003 film Johnny English and made her leading actress debut in the 2009 film Closed for Winter.
Personal life
On New Year's Eve 2003, Imbruglia and her boyfriend of three and a half years, Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns, were married in a beach ceremony in Port Douglas, Queensland, Australia. While Imbruglia lived mainly in Windsor, Berkshire, UK, on an island named "White Lilies" (also the name of her second album), Johns lived in Newcastle, Australia.
On 4 January 2008, Imbruglia and Johns released a statement announcing their divorce, citing distance as the main reason.
However, the two remain friends. Imbruglia has been romantically linked to stars including Prince Harry, and David Schwimmer. Natalie Imbruglia is the eldest sister of singer-songwriter Laura Imbruglia.
Personal causes
Imbruglia is an ambassador for Virgin Unite and supports campaigns to end poverty and to bring attention to the disease known as obstetric fistula.
She appeared in a sketch at the Secret Policeman's Ball for Amnesty International on 31 October 2006.
She has also spoken publicly of suffering from clinical depression to raise awareness about the disorder.
2008 saw her support the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer campaign in support of Breakthrough Breast Cancer, alongside fellow celebrities: comedian Alan Carr, DJ & presenter Edith Bowman, actress Anna Friel and supermodel Twiggy.
Looks and fashion
Imbruglia was named 6th most naturally beautiful woman of all time in 2004.
Audrey Hepburn topped the poll in which only experts like fashion editors, model agents and make-up artists could vote. The voting was decided on the "most naturally beautiful woman, inside and out". She was ranked 90th on the VH1 100 Sexiest Artists.
She has been seen sporting tattoos of Sanskrit/Hindi inscription "Shreya" on her neck, Chinese word for courage on her left foot and Sanskrit Aum on her lower back.
Imbruglia stated that she has never had any plastic surgery but added "I wouldn't rule it out because I don't know how I'll feel in the future." She also stated she'd like to "grow old gracefully, wrinkles and all".
Besides modelling for L'Oréal, Imbruglia also modelled Sass and Bide's "The Mad Ones" dress to raise money for cancer research.
The lyrics:
I thought, I saw a man brought to life
He was warm, he came around and he was dignified
He showed me what it was to cry
Well, you couldn't be that man I adored
You don't seem to know
Seem to care what your heart is for
But I don't know him anymore
There's nothing where he used to lie
The conversation has run dry
That's what's going on
Nothing's fine, I'm torn
I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see
The perfect sky is torn
You're a little late, I'm already torn
So I guess the fortune teller's right
Should have seen just what was there
And not some holy light
It crawled beneath my veins
And now I don't care, I had no luck
I don't miss it all that much
There's just so many things
That I can touch, I'm torn
I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on the floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see
The perfect sky is torn
You're a little late, I'm already torn, torn
There's nothing where he used to lie
My inspiration has run dry
That's what's going on
Nothing's right, I'm torn
I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I am shamed
Lying naked on this floor
Illusion never changed
Into something real
I'm wide awake and I can see
The perfect sky is torn
I'm all out of faith
This is how I feel
I'm cold and I'm ashamed
Bound and broken on the floor
You're a little late, I'm already torn, torn

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG