luni, 30 decembrie 2013

Video hit Diana Krall

Diana Krall - All or Nothing at All (live)

All or Nothing at All is a song composed in 1939 by Arthur Altman, with lyrics by Jack Lawrence.
Frank Sinatra's 1939 recording of the song became a huge hit in 1943, when it was reissued by Columbia Records during the 1942-43 musicians' strike. The record peaked in the Billboard top two.
In a 1944 interview, Sinatra said of the delayed success of the song, "That was the song, a few days after Harry James and myself recorded it, that gave us our walking papers out of the old Victor Hugo Cafe (a major entertainment venue of the 1930s) on the Sunset Strip in Hollywood. The manager came up and waved his hands for us to stop. He said Harry's trumpet playing was too loud for the joint and my singing was just plain lousy and fired Harry, me and the entire band on the spot. He said the two of us couldn't draw flies as an attraction, and I guess he was right - the room was as empty as a barn. It's a funny thing about that song. The recording we made of it 5 years ago is now one of the top spots among the best sellers. But it's the same old recording. It's also the song I auditioned with for Tommy Dorsey, who signed me on the strength of it. And now it's my first big record."
Diana Jean Krall, OC, OBC (born November 16, 1964) is a Canadian jazz pianist and singer, known for her contralto vocals.
She has sold more than 6 million albums in the US and over 15 million worldwide.
On December 11, 2009, Billboard magazine named her the second Jazz artist of the 2000–09 decade, establishing her as one of the best-selling artists of her time.
She is the only jazz singer to have eight albums debuting at the top of the Billboard Jazz Albums.
To date, she has won two Grammy Awards and eight Juno Awards.
She has also earned nine gold, three platinum, and seven multi-platinum albums.
In 2000, she was awarded the Order of British Columbia.
In 2003 she was given an honorary Ph.D. (Fine Arts) from the University of Victoria.
In 2004, she was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame.
In 2005, she was made an Officer of the Order of Canada.
In 2008, Nanaimo Harbourfront Plaza was renamed Diana Krall Plaza.
She is an honorary board member of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.
Diana Krall is a Steinway Artist.
The lyrics:
All or nothing at all
Half a love never appealed to me
If your heart never could yield to me
Then I'd rather have nothing at all
All or nothing at all
If it's love there ain't no in-between
Why begin and cry for something that might have been
No I'd rather have nothing at all
Please don't put your lips so close to my cheek
Don't smile or I'll be lost beyond recall
The kiss in your eyes the touch of your hand makes me weak
And my heart may grow dizzy and fall
And if I fell under the spell of your call
I would be caught in the undertow
So you see I've got to say no
All or nothing at all

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG