luni, 24 februarie 2014

Video hit Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow

In a dreary, isolated town stands a building. Throughout the bland hallways are rooms that have been deserted for years. Old computer equipment, basically just a bunch of shit around.
That doesn’t stop Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds from cleaning it up, bringing in some gear and throwing a moderately attended party.
Enjoy the setting of place in the snapshots of the first seven seconds, then get ready for a Bad Seeder line dance.
About this video (from Therumpus.net, article by Tony DuShane is the author of Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk (Soft Skull Press).
He's a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle and hosts the radio show Drinks with Tony. His writing has also appeared in Mother Jones, Penthouse and The Believer. Tom Selleck is his facial hair guru.)
What a great video to check out The Bad Seeds groovy dance moves. It’s also fun watching Blixa Bargeld during the line dance part. I’m not sure if he is uncoordinated or drunk or both.
Noah Tyler is in the video. A brilliant actor that many have said, Dude, he’s like a young Nick Cave.
Props to the stylist of the video as the clothes are amazing. Or, maybe the people who joined the party really are that fashionable.
“Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow” is a go-to video for when I’m feeling a bit down.
Here’s a great interview with Nick before the band performs is live:
I love the upbeat vibe of this song and how he delivers his lyrics…..but when you really dive into them, they are murky and dark.
First Nick asks where everyone is at? Then he’s depressed and calls out to the Lord. That might not work so he sees his doctor. No answer from the doctor, let’s try the nurse:
“Where’s my nurse I need some healing,
I’ve been paralyzed by a lack of feeling,
I can’t even find anything worth stealing,
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow.”
Then he gives God another shot again, Oh my Lord, Oh my Lord.
Things feel pretty lonely.
Are we on our own in this existence? Is there an answer? Lord? Nick?
“Is there anyone here who doesn’t know?
We’re under fifteen feet of pure white snow.”
The lesson we have learned today is that we can reach out to people and it might help a bit. We can also take some comfort knowing that everyone else is on their own on this rotating ball.
In the end, we need to take responsibility for ourselves. As Nick answers all of the pressing questions in the last verse: “Save yourself! Save Yourself! Help yourself! Yeah, yeah yeah.
The lyrics:
Where is Mona?
She's long gone
Where is Mary?
She's taken her along
But they haven't put their mittens on
And there's fifteen feet of pure white snow?

Where is Michael?
Where is Mark?
Where is Mathew
Now it's getting dark?
Where is John? They are all out back
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow
Would you please put down that telephone
We're under fifteen feet of pure white snow

I waved to my neighbour
My neighbour waved to me
But my neighbour
Is my enemy
I kept waving my arms
Till I could not see
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow

Is anybody
Out there please?
It's too quiet in here
And I'm beginning to freeze
I've got icicles hanging
From my knees
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow

Is there anybody here who feels this low?
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow

Raise your hands up to the sky
Raise your hands up to the sky
Raise your hands up to the sky
Is it any wonder?
Oh my Lord Oh my Lord
Oh my Lord Oh my Lord

Doctor, Doctor
I'm going mad
This is the worst day
I've ever had
I can't remember
Ever feeling this bad
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow
Where's my nurse
I need some healing
I've been paralysed
By a lack of feeling
I can't even find
Anything worth stealing
Under fifteen feet of pure white snow

Is there anyone else here who doesn't know?
We're under fifteen feet of pure white snow

Raise your hands up to the sky
Raise your hands up to the sky
Raise your hands up to the sky
Is it any wonder?
Oh my Lord Oh my Lord
Oh my Lord Oh my Lord
Save Yourself! Help Yourself!
Save Yourself! Help Yourself!
Save Yourself! Help Yourself!

Save Yourself! Help Yourself!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG