sâmbătă, 26 octombrie 2013

Video hit Emmylou Harris

Emmylou Harris - Making Believe (1977)

Making Believe is a country music song written by Jimmy Work and best known for its chart-topping version in 1955 by Kitty Wells.
The song is consistently on lists of all-time greatest country music songs and has been covered by scores of artists over the past fifty years, including Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Roy Acuff, Wanda Jackson, Connie Francis, Ray Charles, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, Ernest Tubb, Social Distortion, Skeeter Davis and Volbeat.
The song is occasionally called (and performed as) "Makin' Believe".
Singer-songwriter Work released the song as a single in February 1955 on Dot Records, climbing to #5 on Billboard's country music jukebox charts.
A month later, country music queen Kitty Wells released the song as well as a single which hit #2 on the country charts and remained there an astonishing 15 weeks, still a record for a song in the runner-up position on the country Billboard charts. The song was blocked to #1 by the 21-weeks long In the Jailhouse Now by Webb Pierce.
The song is a melancholy ballad about not getting over a former lover. The singer daydreams that they are still loved by the old flame even while fully knowing "you'll never be mine" again. The song was a perfect match for Kitty Wells' legendary wistful vocal style and is perhaps her most popular song outside of her career record "It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels".
The lyrics:
Making believe that you still love me
It's leaving me alone and so blue
Still I'll always dream, but I'll never own you
Making believe, its all I can do

Can't hold you close when you're not whit me
You're somebody's love, you'll never be mine
Making believe I'll spend my lifetime
Loving you and making believe

Making believe I never lost you
But my happy hours are so few
My plans for the future will never come true
Making believe what else can I do  

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG