sâmbătă, 19 octombrie 2013

Video hit Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman

Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid

Somethin' Stupid is a song written by C. Carson Parks and originally recorded in 1966 by Parks and his wife Gaile Foote, as "Carson and Gaile".
It is best known in the hit version by Frank Sinatra and his daughter, Nancy Sinatra.
The song has been covered many times in the years since the song was originally released.
British singer Robbie Williams recorded "Somethin' Stupid" as a duet in 2001 with Academy Award-winning actress Nicole Kidman. The song appeared on Williams' 2001 album, Swing When You're Winning, and it topped the UK Singles Chart at the end of the year.
The song became Williams' first Christmas number-one single in the United Kingdom, and fifth as a featured artist. The single sold 98,506 copies in its first week and 366,000 copies over all earning a Silver Certification by the BPI.
The song was the 30th best selling single of 2001 in the UK. The song also became another number-one single for Williams in New Zealand, being certified Gold, and became, at the time, his best selling single in Europe charting inside the top ten in most countries.
In Australia, it became Williams' fourth top ten single, earning a Gold certification for over 35,000 copies sold.
The lyrics:
I know I stand in line
Until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance
I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me

Then afterwards we drop into a quiet little place
And have a drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like I love you

I can see it in your eyes
You still despise the same old lines
You heard the night before
And though it's just a line to you
For me it's true
And never seemed so right before

I practice every day to find some clever
lines to say
To make the meaning come true
But then I think I'll wait until the evening
gets late
And I'm alone with you

The time is right
Your perfume fills my head
The stars get red
And oh the night's so blue
And then I go and spoil it all
By saying something stupid
Like I love you
I love you... 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG