joi, 17 octombrie 2013

Video hit George Michael and Elton John

George Michael and Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Live)

Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me is the first single from British musician Elton John's 1974 album Caribou; it was released that year during the latter half of May in the United Kingdom, and on 10 June in the United States.
As successful as the 1974 record had been, it was as a duet with George Michael that "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" had its greatest success.
The pair had performed the song at the Live Aid concert in 1985.
Recorded live at a concert at Wembley Arena, London on 25 March 1991 when Elton John was a surprise guest of George Michael, the duet became a massive hit on both sides of the Atlantic.
It was released later that year and reached number one on the UK singles chart for two weeks in December 1991 and a single week on the Billboard Hot 100 in February 1992. The duet also spent two weeks at number one on the Adult Contemporary chart.
The footage used for the music video of the song was taken from a "live" concert in Chicago with 70,000 fans. "The video was actually shot over several days," confirms Michael Pagnotta, George's publicist. "It was shot in an airline hangar in Burbank, California where George had been rehearsing; Elton came in for a night and they ran through the song a couple of times. Then the song was filmed in its entirety live in Chicago in the middle of October as part of that Cover to Cover tour, and when Elton came out from the wings, that place went crazy."
It appears on John's Love Songs compilation. The proceeds from the single were divided among 10 different charities for children, AIDS and education.
In the song, Elton sings to someone he has helped and from whom he is now experiencing rejection:
I took a chance and changed your way of life
but you misread my meaning when I met you
closed the door and left me blinded by the light
don't let the sun go down on me
although I search myself, it's always someone else I see.
I'd just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
but losing everything is like the sun going down on me.
It was written with the other songs on the album during a ten-day period in January 1974.
The chorus of the song is supported with a horn arrangement by Del Newman, and features backing vocals of the Beach Boys' Carl Wilson and Bruce Johnston, and Toni Tennille. Also on the song are percussion accents provided by Ray Cooper and a mellotron played by Dave Hentschel.
The lyrics:
I can't light no more of your darkness
All my pictures seem to fade to black and white
I’m growing tired and time stands still before me
Frozen here on the ladder of my life

It’s much too late to save myself from falling
I took a chance and changed your way of life
But you misread my meaning when I met you
Closed the door and left me blinded by the light

Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
Id just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
But losing everything is like the sun going down on me

Ladies and gentlemen mr. Elton John

I can't find
Oh, the right romantic line
But see me once and see the way feel
Don't discard me baby don't
Just because you think I mean you harm
Just because you think I mean you harm, oh
But these cuts I have, cuts I have
They need love
They need love, they need love to help them heal

Oh, don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I see
Id just allow a fragment of your life to wander free
Cause losing everything is like the sun going down on me

Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself, it's always someone else I that see, yeah
Id just allow a fragment of your life to wander free baby, oh
Cause losing everything is like the sun going down on me 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG