marți, 22 octombrie 2013

Video hit Scorpions

Scorpions - Still Loving You

Still Loving You is a power ballad by Scorpions from their 1984 album Love at First Sting. It was the second single of the album, reaching #64 on Billboard Hot 100. In France, the single sold 1.7 million copies.
The music video was released in July 1984, and was filmed in Dallas, Texas at Reunion Arena.
In an interview with Songfacts, Rudolf Schenker explained: "It's a story about a love affair, where they recognized it may be over, but let's try again".
The song is also considered a thinly veiled metaphor for a still divided Eastern & Western Germany. "Your pride has built a wall so strong that I can't get through, is there really no chance to start once again?" and "Yes I've hurt your pride and I know, what you've been through, you should give me a chance, this can't be the end, I'm still loving you" were clear references to the Berlin Wall and the despair many Germans felt about their divided homeland.
A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries. The band has also re-recorded the song twice, with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra in 2000 for the album Moment of Glory and an acoustic re-working for the album Acoustica in 2001.
Matthias Jabs' guitar soloing is prominent throughout, but the main solo played in the outro is by Rudolf Schenker.
Other versions
The song appears on the Scorpions' 1985 live double-album World Wide Live.
A remixed version of the studio album version was included on the album Still Loving You in 1992. The remixed version was also released as a single in Germany and some other European countries.
The song was later recorded on Scorpions' 2001 album Acoustica.
It was covered by Finnish power metal band Sonata Arctica on their EP Successor.
Finnish pop/jazz/folk band Korpi Ensemble covered the song on their album Trails in 2007.
Swedish group Tyskarna från Lund released a cover of the song on their album Metamorphobia in 2003.
The Alex Skolnick Trio recorded a bebop version of the song on their 2002 album Goodbye to Romance: Standards for a New Generation.
A Brazilian version was recorded by Cleiton e Camargo entitled "Meu Anjo Azul".
It was covered by Steve Whiteman of Kix and George Lynch of Dokken and appears on Lynch's 2008 album Scorpion Tales.[5]
A version of the song was recorded for Scorpions' 2011 album Comeblack featuring Amandine Bourgeois.
A Romanian version was recorded by Mihaela Valentina Runceanu in 1989 entitled "Eu Nu Te-am Uitat".
In 2008, Ecuadorian band CORVUS Take a Spanish version called "CORVUS-aun te amo" on his album "En tu asusencia" preserving their hard rock style.
The lyrics:
Time, it needs time
To win back your love again.
I will be there, I will be there.

Love, only love
Can bring back your love someday.
I will be there, I will be there.

Fight, babe, I'll fight
To win back your love again.
I will be there, I will be there.

Love, only love
Can break down the walls someday.
I will be there, I will be there.

If we'd go again
All the way from the start,
I would try to change
The things that killed our love.

Your pride has build a wall, so strong
That I can't get through.
Is there really no chance
To start once again?
I'm loving you.

Try, baby try
To trust in my love again.
I will be there, I will be there.

Love, your love
Just shouldn't be thrown away.
I will be there, I will be there.

If we'd go again
All the way from the start,
I would try to change
The things that killed our love.

Your pride has build a wall, so strong
That I can't get through.
Is there really no chance
To start once again?

If we'd go again
All the way from the start,
I would try to change
The things that killed our love.

Yes I've hurt your pride, and I know
What you've been through.
You should give me a chance
This can't be the end.

I'm still loving you.
I'm still loving you,
I need your love.
I'm still loving you.
Still loving you, baby...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG