duminică, 30 decembrie 2012

Asculta azi Robert Plant

Robert Plant - Sea Of Love



Robert Anthony Plant (born 20 August 1948) is an English musician, singer and songwriter, best known as the lead vocalist and lyricist of the rock band Led Zeppelin. He has also had a successful solo career. Plant's 2007 album Raising Sand, which he co-wrote with Alison Krauss, won the 2009 Grammy Award for Album of the Year.
With a career spanning more than 40 years, Plant is regarded as one of the most significant singers in the history of rock music, and has influenced contemporaries and later singers such as Freddie Mercury, Axl Rose and Chris Cornell.
In 2006, heavy metal magazine Hit Parader named Plant the "Greatest Metal Vocalist of All Time".
In 2009, Plant was voted "the greatest voice in rock" in a poll conducted by Planet Rock.
In 2008, Rolling Stone editors ranked him number 15 on their list of the 100 greatest singers of all time.
In 2011, readers of the same magazine placed Plant in first place of the magazine's list of the best lead singers of all time.
"Sea of Love" is a song written by John Phillip Baptiste (aka Phil Phillips) and George Khoury. Phillips' 1959 recording of the song peaked at #1 on the U.S. Billboard R&B chart and #2 on the Billboard Hot 100.
In the UK, Marty Wilde covered the song, and Phillips' version failed to chart there. It was the only top 40 chart song for Phillips, who never recorded another hit.
The song has been covered by a number of artists since then, most notably by The Honeydrippers, whose version (from the album The Honeydrippers: Volume One) reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in early 1985 and #1 on the adult contemporary chart in 1984.
Tom Waits gave the song a darker twist for the soundtrack to the 1989 Harold Becker film "Sea of Love" starring Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin, and Waits included it on his 2006 collection Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards.
"Sea of Love" had made the Top 40 just one other time, when Del Shannon took it to #33 in 1981.
The lyrics:
Do you remember when we met?
That's the day I knew you were my pet
I wanna tell you how much I love you

Come with me, my love, to the sea
The sea of love
I wanna tell you just how much I love you
Come with me to the sea of love

Do you remember when we met?
Oh, that's the day I knew you were my pet
I wanna tell you, oh, how much I love you

Come with me to the sea of love
Come with me, my love, to the sea
The sea of love
I wanna tell you just how much I love you
I wanna tell you, oh, how much I love you

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG