duminică, 9 decembrie 2012

Asculta azi Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash - There You Go and Give My Love to Rose (1957) 

Growing up, he was called J.R., and when he enlisted in the Air Force it was as John R. He took the name Johnny when he started recording for Sun Records.
Much of his childhood was spent working in his family's cotton fields. He was a teenager when he started playing guitar and writing songs.
In October 1965, Cash was arrested upon returning from Mexico when US Customs agents searched his luggage and found hundreds of illegal pills. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $1,000.
In 1968, he married June Carter from the legendary Country music Carter Family. Cash credits her for saving his life, as she helped him break his drug habit.
Cash is a member of the Songwriters' Hall Of Fame, Country Music Hall Of Fame and the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
From 1969 to 1971, he hosted The Johnny Cash Show on ABC TV. Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Louis Armstrong all appeared as guests.
He died at age 71 due to complications from diabetes.
The 2005 film Walk The Line is about Cash's life. He was portrayed in the movie by Joaquin Phoenix, who sang as Cash for the stage scenes.
He had his daughter, Rosanne, with his first wife, Vivian Liberto. Rosanne Cash became a prominent Country singer of her own, and had a crossover hit in 1981 with "Seven Year Ache." 
Barry Gibb from The Bee Gees bought the Tennessee house Cash lived in from 1968 until his death. In 2007, while the home was being renovated for Gibb, it caught fire and burned to the ground.
Cash played many free concerts at prisons throughout his career. His first was on New Year's Day, 1960 when he played San Quentin prison in San Rafael, California. Merle Haggard, who was serving time for burglary, was in the audience. 
A requirement at Johnny Cash shows was an American flag on stage in full view of the audience.
The lyrics are:
I found him by the railroad track this morning
I could see that he was nearly dead
I knelt down beside him and I listened
Just to hear the words the dying fellow said

He said they let me out of prison down in Frisco
For ten long years I've paid for what I've done
I was trying to get back to Louisiana
To see my Rose and get to know my son

Chorus:
Give my love to Rose please won't you mister
Take her all my money, tell her to buy some pretty clothes
Tell my boy his daddy's so proud of him
And don't forget to give my love to Rose

Tell them I said thanks for waiting for me
Tell my boy to help his mom at home
Tell my Rose to try to find another
For it ain't right that she should live alone

Mister here's a bag with all my money
It won't last them long the way it goes
God bless you for finding me this morning
And don't forget to give my love to Rose

Chorus:
Give my love to Rose please won't you mister
Take her all my money, tell her to buy some pretty clothes
Tell my boy his daddy's so proud of him
And don't forget to give my love to Rose

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG