miercuri, 5 decembrie 2012

Asculta azi Lita Ford si Ozzy Osbourne

Lita Ford & Ozzy - Close My Eyes Forever (1989)

Lita Ford recorded this as a duet with Ozzy Osbourne. Ford was once engaged to Tony Iommi, who played guitar with Osbourne in Black Sabbath. Ford, along with Joan Jett, was in girl-group The Runaways from 1975-1979. She is a guitarist as well as a vocalist.
The song came about by accident during a night of drinking and getting stoned when Lita was being managed by Ozzy's wife, Sharon. She recalled to Metal Underground: "Close My Eyes Forever was a mistake. It was just me and Ozzy and Sharon hanging about in the recording studio. They showed up one day and had a housewarming present for me: a life-size duplicate of Koko the gorilla from the San Diego Zoo. It was freaking huge – I had to strap it in the front seat of my jeep to get it home. Ozzy stayed, Sharon got bored and left, and me and Ozzy had a couple of drinks and we were jamming. We started singing, messing about and we wrote 'Close My Eyes Forever.'
Next thing I knew the sun was coming up. I looked at him and went, 'Uh-oh, we're in trouble.' Sharon had been waiting all night. We were a long way from where Ozzy had to go. He said, 'Can you drive me home?' I said, 'No, I can't.' We were stoned out of our minds. He got into a cab and I strapped Koko into my jeep and drove home – just barely made it. And then we had this hit song."
This was the only Top 10 hit of Ozzy's solo career, although he did reach #4 UK with the Black Sabbath song "Paranoid." Ozzy's fans tended to buy entire albums instead of just the singles.
This was the last hit for Lita Ford. Her previous hit was "Kiss Me Deadly," also from this album.
Another Lita/Ozzy connection: Ford's drummer, Randy Castillo, left her band to join Ozzy's in 1985.
The lyrics are:
(Lita)
Baby, I get so scared inside and I don't really understand
Is it love that's on your mind or is it fantasy
(Ozzy)
Heaven, is in the palm of my hand, and it's waiting here for you
What am I supposed to do with a childhood tragedy
CHORUS:
(Lita and Ozzy alternating)
If I close my eyes forever
Will it all remain unchanged
If I close my eyes forever
Will it all remain the same
(Ozzy)
Sometimes it's hard to hold on
So hard to hold on to my dreams
It isn't always what it seems
When you're face to face with me
(Lita)
You're like a dagger
And you stick me in the heard
And taste the blood from my blade
And when we sleep would you shelter me
In your warm and darkened grave
CHORUS
(Lita)
Will you ever take me
(Ozzy)
Mo, I just can't take the pain
(Lïta)
But would you ever trust me
(Ozzy)
No, I'll never feel the same....OOh..

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG