vineri, 5 aprilie 2013

Video hit Otis Redding

Otis Redding - I Can't Turn You Loose (live on Upbeat)

I Can't Turn You Loose is a song written and first recorded by American soul singer Otis Redding. It was released as the B-side to his 1965 single "Just One More Day". The up-tempo song became a bigger hit on the US R&B chart than its A-side and has become one of Redding's signature songs and often appeared in his live performances.
In 1968, The Chambers Brothers version of this song reached #37 on the Billboard Magazine pop singles chart.
An instrumental version of the song was used by The Blues Brothers in their live performances to introduce "Joliet Jake" (John Belushi) and "Elwood" Blues (Dan Aykroyd). The song is played by the band in the 1980 film The Blues Brothers. It did not appear on the soundtrack, but did appear as both the opening and closing tracks on their 1978 album Briefcase Full of Blues and on the soundtrack of Blues Brothers 2000.
Edgar Winter's White Trash recorded the song live on their "Roadwork" album.
Aretha Franklin recorded the song for her album "Aretha" (1980).
Etta James had the song on her second live album Etta, Red-Hot & Live (1982).
The Booker T. & the MG's song "Time Is Tight" is very similar to "I Can't Turn You Loose", sharing the bassline, which was something of a "happy accident". Steve Cropper, Donald "Duck" Dunn & Booker T' Jones have all acknowledged that this song inspired "Time Is Tight" in part. Steve Cropper and Donald Dunn are both members of the Blues Brothers Band and Booker T & The MG's. Booker T & the MG's were also the Stax house band and collaborated with and played behind Otis Redding on the studio version of this song.
In 1987 Was (Not Was) released a cover version on their album What Up, Dog?.
The song was also covered by The Rolling Stones in concert.
The Philadelphia Phillies play this song over the loudspeakers at Citizens Bank Park immediately following the conclusion of any home victory.
In the summer of 2011 the song was featured in a series of commercials for the CFL on TSN football broadcasts.
Jon Bon Jovi and Lea Michele performed a cover of the song in the 2011 feature film, New Year's Eve.
Drawing from a Blues Brothers show the band performed, the Michigan Marching Band has made this a centerpiece of their annual "Cake" formation. The band now also features the song between the third and fourth quarters of football games at Michigan Stadium. Similarly, the Michigan Hockey Band features an extended version of the song, replete with a coordinated dance and various instrumental solos, between the second and third period of games at Yost Ice Arena.
The lyrics:
Huh, I can't turn you loose now, if I do I'm gonna loose my life
Honey, I can't, never, turn you loose now, if I do, I'm gonna lose my life
I can't turn you loose to nobody, 'cause I love you, baby, yes I do

Ooh baby, give me shakin' mama, I told ya
Honey, I'm in love with only you
Gotta, baby, do it baby, why don't ya?
I'm gonna give you everything that you want

I gotta, gotta, gotta keep on holdin' on, baby
Never, never gonna turn you loose
Keep on, keep on holdin' on, gotta, gotta

I can't turn you loose now, I'm in love with the prettiest thing, ooh
I'll never, never turn you loose now
Because of all the sweet love she brings
I said I can't turn you loose to nobody, baby, I love you, baby, yes I do

Give me shakin', mama, I love you, I'm in love with only you
Gotta, baby do it, why don't ya?
And I'm gonna give you everything that you want

I gotta, gotta, gotta keep on, keep on holdin' on
I'm never gonna turn you lose now, never gonna lose you, baby

I can't turn you loose now, never, I'm never gonna turn you loose
I'm gonna keep on holdin' on, turn you loose
Gonna keep a grip on you, I can't turn you loose

Keep on holdin' on and I'm gonna hold
Never been easy and I gotta hold
Then I'm gonna do, never gonna turn you
Gonna keep on holdin' on, hold on to you, baby
Gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta
Keep on, keep on provin', we gotta keep holdin'

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG