marți, 2 aprilie 2013

Video hit Tanita Tikaram

Tanita Tikaram - Twist in my sobriety

Twist in My Sobriety is a song written and recorded by Tanita Tikaram. Released as a single in 1988 from her debut album Ancient Heart, it was a top ten hit in many European countries, peaking at #2 in Austria and Germany, though it achieved only moderate success in the US and Australia.
In 1996, the song was also released in UK in a remixed version peaking at #82.
In 2001, the song appeared on the soundtrack of the film "Bandits."
The first line of the song, "All God's children need travelling shoes", is the title of a book by writer/poet Maya Angelou.
Covers:
In 1989, Liza Minnelli covered the song for her album Results, which was produced by the Pet Shop Boys.
In 1989, Kati Kovács Hungarian singer, Music Week's The Star of The Year 1975 sang the song on a compilation album of 1989's hits.
In 1989, Italo disco singer George Aaron recorded a version released on vinyl as a 12" single by Cruisin' Records, Italy.
In 1994, Abigail covered the song on her album, Feel Good.
In 1999, the German gothic metal group Dreadful Shadows recorded a cover version of the song on their album The Cycle as a bonus track.
In 1999, the Chinese singer Chyi Yu covered the song for her album C'est la vie.
In 2002, the Gothic metal band Darkwell covered the song for their album Conflict of Interest.
In 2006, the Italian singer Gennaro Cosmo Parlato covered the song for him album Remainders.
In 2007, the electronic dance music artist Les Adams covered the song and released it on Southern Fried Records. The release included remixes by Digital Dog, Soul Buddha, Ali Payami, Nathan Detroit and Norman Cook.
In 2007, the Death metal Project Cynicism included a cover on their album A Taste Of Hate.
In 2008, the German project Songs of Lemuria included a cover of the song on their Footprints of the Moon album.
The lyrics:
All God's children need travelling shoes
Drive your problems from here
All good people read good books
Now your conscience is clear
I hear you talk girl
Now your conscience is clear

In the morning I wipe my brow
Wipe the miles away
I like to think I can be so willed
And never do what you say
I'll never hear you
And never do what you say

Look my eyes are just holograms
Look your love has drawn red from my hands
From my hands you know you'll never be
More than twist in my sobriety
More than twist in my sobriety
More than twist in my sobriety

We just poked a little empty pie
For the fun that people had at night
Late at night don't need hostility
The timid smile and pause to free

I don't care about their different thoughts
Different thoughts are good for me
Up in arms and chaste and whole
All God's children took their toll

Look my eyes are just holograms
Look your love has drawn red from my hands
From my hands you know you'll never be
More than twist in my sobriety
More than twist in my sobriety
More than twist in my sobriety

Cup of tea, take time to think, yea
Time to risk a life, a life, a life
Sweet and handsome
Soft and porky
You pig out 'til you've seen the light
Pig out 'til you've seen the light

Half the people read the papers
Read them good and well
Pretty people, nervous people
People have got to sell
News you have to sell

Look my eyes are just holograms
Look your love has drawn red from my hands
From my hands you know you'll never be
More than twist in my sobriety
More than twist in my sobriety
More than twist in my sobriety

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG