marți, 22 iulie 2014

Video hit Awolnation

Awolnation - Sail

"Sail" is a song by American electronic rock band Awolnation.
It was written and produced in Venice, California by group member Aaron Bruno, with Kenny Carkeet performing the audio engineering. The song was first featured on the band's debut extended play Back from Earth (2010) and was later featured on their debut album Megalithic Symphony (2011).
Released as a single on January 4, 2011, "Sail" is the band's most commercially successful song to date. It debuted at number 89 on the United States Billboard Hot 100 chart in September 2011, spending twenty weeks on the chart before dropping out. The single re-entered the Hot 100 a year later, becoming a massive sleeper hit and reaching a new peak of number 17. It has spent the second longest time inside the Billboard Hot 100 chart, with 79 weeks, only surpassed by Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive".
In July 2010, Austin DJ Toby Ryan premiered the song on KROX-FM and the response from the listeners was positive.
"Sail" debuted at number 89 on the United States Billboard Hot 100 singles chart on the week of September 3, 2011. The single spent twenty weeks on the chart before dropping out following the issue date of January 14, 2012. It eventually re-entered in mid-2013; its use in various television shows and advertisements exposed the song to a wider audience.
Following its appearance in a History trailer promoting Vikings, weekly downloads "more than tripled". The song has since spent more than a year on the chart and peaked at number 17 on the Hot 100 in its 56th week on the chart, two years after its initial debut.
"Sail" was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America in June 2013, and by April 2014, it has sold over 5 million digital copies in the US.
"Sail" also peaked at number five on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart in 2011.
The song was featured in the introduction of the 2012 film Disconnect. Due to its extremely unusual longevity, it has become the only song in the history of the Hot 100 to spend a year on the chart without entering the top 20 first.
In Australia and New Zealand the song peaked in September 2013 reaching number 27 on the Australian Music Chart, and number 33 on the New Zealand Music Chart. In the United Kingdom the song peaked at number 17 on the UK Singles Chart in January 2014.
The lyrics:
Sail!

This is how I show my love
I made it in my mind because
I blame it on my A.D.D. baby

This is how an angel dies
I blame it on my own supply
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself)
Blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Maybe I'm a different breed
Maybe I'm not listening
So blame it on my A.D.D. baby

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

La la la la la
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la oh!
La la la la la,
La la la la la,

Sail!
Sail!
Sail!
Sail!

Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail with me into the dark
Sail!
Sail with me

Sail!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG