luni, 14 iulie 2014

Video hit Carpenters

Carpenters - Top Of The World (Live at the White House)

Live at the White House for President, Richard Nixon and visiting West German chancellor Willy Brandt.(May 1973).
Richard Carpenter wrote this with John Bettis, a lyricist who wrote the words to several Carpenters' hits as well as Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" and The Pointer Sisters' "Slow Hand."
This originally showed up on the multi-platinum album A Song For You in June 1972.
The song was released as a single in Japan in 1972 and went gold. At the same time, Country artist Lynn Anderson ("I Never Promised You A Rose Garden") covered it and her version reached #1 on the Country charts.
Finally in September 1973, the Carpenters released the song as a single in the US and UK due to popular demand. It shot straight to #1 and became one of their best known hits.
In Japan, the song was used as the opening theme song for the 1995 Japanese drama Miseinen.
In 2003, it was used for another drama, this time as the ending theme song for Beginner.
It appeared on the 2010 soundtrack of Shrek Forever After, as well as in a prominent scene of the 2012 film Dark Shadows, with a performance by the Carpenters seen on a television screen.
The lyrics:
Such a feelings coming over me
There is wonder in most every thing I see
Not a cloud in the sky, got the sun in my eyes
And I won't be surprised if it's a dream

Everything I want the world to be
Is now coming true especially for me
And the reason is clear, it's because you are here
You're the nearest thing to Heaven that I've seen

I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

Something in the wind has learned my name
And it's telling me that things are not the same
In the leaves on the trees and the touch of the breeze
There's a pleasing sense of happiness for me

There is only one wish on my mind
When this day is through I hope that I will find
That tomorrow will be just the same for you and me
All I need will be mine if you are here

I'm on the top of the world looking down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

I'm on the top of the world lookingdown on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG