vineri, 18 iulie 2014

Video hit Oasis

Oasis - Whatever

"Whatever" is a song and single by the English rock band Oasis, and initially credited as being written by the band's lead guitarist Noel Gallagher. A subsequent lawsuit awarded a co-writing credit to Neil Innes.
Like many other songs in the band's catalogue, "Whatever" preaches the importance of being yourself and being able to do what you choose.
At six minutes and twenty-one seconds, it was the longest single the band had released up to that point (it would soon be surpassed by "Champagne Supernova" and later "D'You Know What I Mean?" and "All Around the World") and was a more lavish affair than their previous singles, as it was the first of many Oasis singles that included a prominent string section.
The song begins with a simple verse-chorus-verse-chorus structure, with the main hook of the song occurring in the verse rather than the chorus. The song suddenly changes key during the bridge, before returning to the main chord progression of the song, which repeats for a two-and-a-half-minute outro in which, one by one, each instrument cuts out until only the strings are playing. Finally, the song ends with an extended, recorded applause track. A common word on the Japanese festivals' mikoshi is used at the end of the song.
The single was released on 18 December 1994 as a stand-alone single, bridging the gap between Oasis' debut album, Definitely Maybe, and their second album, (What's the Story) Morning Glory?.
"Whatever" entered the UK Singles Chart at number 3, their first single to enter the top 5, something every Oasis single released since has also accomplished, aside from the download-only single "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", "I'm Outta Time" and "Falling Down". Like "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", this is a non-album release, but as it is a single it has been included on the compilation album Time Flies... 1994–2009 which features all 26 of Oasis' officially released singles. The strings were played by the London Philharmonic Orchestra which featured former Electric Light Orchestra violinist Wilf Gibson. The strings were arranged by Nick Ingham and Noel Gallagher.
"Whatever" spent a total of 51 weeks on the UK Singles chart, more than any other Oasis single to date.
"Whatever" re-entered the UK Singles chart on 20 June 2010 at number 64, due to the release of Time Flies, and the first time that "Whatever" has been available to purchase digitally.
Recently the song has been used by Coca-Cola in its new campaign celebrating its 125th anniversary and also in Italian Vodafone Commercials.
It was also used by Asahi Breweries for their Asahi Off beer commercials in Japan.
The lyrics:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want

I'm free to say
Whatever I, whatever I like
If it's wrong or right it's alright

Always seems to me, you only see
What people want you to see
How long's it gonna be?

Before we get on the bus
And cause no fuss
Get a grip on yourself
It don't cost much

Free to be
Whatever you, whatever you say
If it comes my way it's alright

You're free to be
Wherever you, wherever you please
You can shoot the breeze if you want

It always seems to me, you only see
What people want you to see
How long's it gonna be

Before we get on the bus
And cause no fuss
Get a grip on yourself
It don't cost much

I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want

Here in my mind
You know you might find
Something that you
You thought you once knew

But now it's all gone
And you know it's no fun
Yeah I know it's no fun
Oh, I know it's no fun

I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want

I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want

Whatever you do
Whatever you say
Yeah, I know it's alright

Whatever you do
Whatever you say

Yeah, I know it's alright

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Blog Archive

Venetia

imagine 1 venetia imagine 2 venetia
imagine 3 venetia imagine 4 venetia

Colegii de BloG